Symbiosis International (Deemed University)
Directive on University Charter
The Symbiosis Medical College for Women, a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), under Faculty of Health Sciences has been conferred with the status of a Medical College Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, on the advice of Medical Council of India under Indian Medical Council Act 1956.It derives, its functional and administrative power from MCI Regulations as amended from time to time and the By-Laws, Regulations and Notification from Symbiosis International (Deemed University), the execution of which is ensured, reviewed and regulated by the Board of Management and other authorities of university through the designate officers thereunder.
Under the said charter, the Symbiosis Medical College for Women (SMCW) is a medical institution, imparting medical education, clinical training, Research acumen and provides for Healthcare and Health Promotion.
The College, in furtherance to its objects, is committed to;
- Comply with set Values, Vision, Objectives, Goals and Regulations as mandated by statutes and university By-Laws and communicate them to all its stakeholders to institutionalize the same in all its functional units.
- Offer wide range of innovative programs with equity, bearing current significance with future prospective built in and that are in compliance with statutes, regulations and are consistent with university vision.
- Provide information with due clarity to students and other stakeholder about the admission, curriculum, its enrichment, mentoring, counselling, completion requirements of programs, the fee structure, financial aid, refund policies and student support services etc.
- Implement a conceptualised innovative academic, co-academic, extra academic plan and ensure its effective implementation, monitoring and amend them as and when deemed fit.
- To promote, spirit of inquiry, research temperament and value of life-long learning.
- Provide for exceptional, sizable infrastructure and knowledgeable, innovative, accomplished, Competent human resource in conformance with programs and operations.
- Ensure comprehensive and continual formative, summative student assessment and ensurethat the expected outcome is achieved.
- Consistently enhance traits needed for ethical medical practice, traits of community outreach, employability/ entrepreneurial skills, global competencies and extracurricular virtues among students
- Provide for round the clock well run support services, water, electricity, waste disposal, safety, security and environment rich in diverse flora, fauna, greens and gardens.
- Promote values, social responsibilities and universal citizenry among students.
- Seek rightful feedback from all stakeholders, use outcome for enrichment, amendment, corrections of programs, systems and operations in seek of continual growth.
In its Quest for Excellence, the university seeks purposeful commitment from its disciples to;
- Seek their right to an education in an environment that is conducive to learning and holistic growth and be aware that they need to go along with/ follow set of due responsibilities.
- Perceive the intended purpose of the institutional objectives, goals, policies, rules, regulations, comprehend their obligations, abide by them and positively participate, contribute to realize their academic, co academic, extra academic, career, social and life-long learning objectives on their own accord.
- Demonstrate academic integrity, honesty and understand the teaching-learning, evaluation strategies of the institution, follow schedules, actively participate and contribute in all institutional activities.
- Pursue inquisitiveness with research view point, analytical abilities, abilities to relate reading to experience and career and cultivate habit of deducing judgement based on facts and sets of rationales.
- Know Dos and Don’ts of institutional and campus life, take responsibility, be their own advocate and take ownership of their actions by exhibiting self-regulated behaviour.
- Demonstrate on campus collegiality, utilize institutional resources and support services meticulously to their advantage.
- Seek academic, social, psychological counselling and peer and conflict mediation.
- Communicate with due veneration, due constraint and in a manner that is civil with teachers, peer, other members of institution and the society as a whole.
- Participate in a comprehensive feedback system by giving bona-fide feedback in aid of continual institutional development.
- Follow code of conduct, behave in safe and secure manner, avoid risky behaviour leading to injuries and/or violence by exhibiting sense of accountable behaviour and be an ambassador of anti-ragging, anti-sexual harassment, anti-discriminatory acts, gender equity practices, patient rights and other covenants.
- Express respect for all faiths, imbibe the conscience of “Vasudhaiva kutumbakkam”, the concept of the “whole world is one family“ and live as worthy alumni of the institution.